Super fudgy and at the same time crispy, this cocoa brownie recipe is best in the world. Learn the recipe!
You DON’T really need to melt chocolate or chocolate chips with butter together to make brownies, AND you don’t need two separate bowls. Just one bowl and 5 minutes bringing it all together to make the BEST freaking brownies you’ve ever eaten in your lifetime. The best part is they are only 144 calories EACH! Better than the usual 356 calorie brownies.
After testing what feels like a lifetime of brownies, these FINALLY came out a perfect texture, and have been made weekly ever since. The one ingredient that is added into these brownies, which is different from most recipes is a small amount of oil. The oil is JUST enough to keep the centers incredibly fudgy, without compromising the crispness.
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (olive oil or coconut oil are fine)
- 1⅛ cup superfine sugar (caster sugar)*
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup all-purpose | plain flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt