This brown sugar cake topped with caramel frosting and a drizzle of fresh caramel & fleur de sel make this Salted Caramel Layer Cake heavenly dessert!
Surprise your family by preparing this incredibly delicious Salted Caramel Layer Cake that can be an excellent recipe to try for any special occasion. Here, caramel salted cake, salted caramel sauce, and frosting are prepared individually, then they are set and served with a special garnishing method!
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of sugar
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 2 cups of sugar
- 12 Tbsp (3/4 cup) unsalted butter, cubed & room temperature
- 1 cup heavy cream, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp fleur de sel (I used sea salt and crushed it down into smaller flakes)
- ½ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 5oz (approx 10 Tbsp) unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 8oz cream cheese softened
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- Spread the parchment paper on the cake pan.
- Heat the oven at 350° F temperature.
- In a mixer bowl, pour butter and sugar and grind it.
- In the bowl, add eggs and vanilla, one at a time, and again mix them.
- Then, add the flour and buttermilk to it.
- Mix baking soda with vinegar, then add this mixture to the batter.
- Spread this batter uniformly in the three cake pans.
- Bake the pans for around 20-25 minutes until its edges turn brown.
- You can also poke a toothpick to it and see if it comes out clean.
- Cool the pans by keeping them on the wire racks.
Salted Caramel Sauce
- Take a large saucepan and keep it on the medium-high heat.
- Pour some sugar in the pan and whip it while it gets melted for 4-5 minutes.
- Once the sugar melts, add some butter and whip it.
- Keep whisking it until the butter melts.
- Pour the heavy cream into this mixture.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes before using it.
- In a medium pan, whip the brown sugar and butter over the medium heat until it gets melted.
- Boil the mixture then remove it from the heat.
- Pour in the heavy cream and whip it until it gets smooth.
- In the bowl of a mixer, put the butter and cream cheese and mix until it becomes smooth.
- Add some salt and brown sugar mixture in the bowl.
- Add the powdered sugar in it and mix it until it becomes smooth.
- Refrigerate this frosting for 15 minutes before topping it on the cake.
- Once the cakes cooled, apply a layer of caramel sauce over the top of the cake.
- Allow the caramel sauce to penetrate into the cake.
- Place one layer of the cake onto the serving plate.
- Spread one more layer of frosting over the top of the coating.
- Sprinkle the top of this cake with caramel sauce.
- Add some fleur de sel at its top and serve!