Make this Rhubarb and Almond cake to delight your birthday parties, wedding anniversaries as well as seasonal celebrations.
Rhubarb-Almond Cake is a delicious delicacy, easy to prepare and a perfect delight when throwing surprising parties. If you have never prepared a cake before, this recipe could your successful attempt to impress your friends and greet them with this tenderly soft moist dessert.
Serves: Makes one 10-inch cake
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Total Time: 60 minutes
- 1 cup plus 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- About 0.75 lbs rhubarb
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- Powdered sugar for serving, if desired
- Start your preparation by preheating the oven to 350°F.
- Take a baking dish, coat it with parchment paper and spray non-stick cooking oil on it. Leave it aside.
- Pick a bowl, add sugar and butter and mix it with the help of a blender. Now add eggs, yogurt, orange zest, and extracts and mix it again.
- Take another bowl, add flours, baking soda, cardamom, and salt and mix the combination well.
- Cut the rhubarb sticks into thin pieces.
- Pour the batter in the baking dish and carefully place thin pieces of rhubarb in it.
- Transfer the baking dish to the oven and let it bake for 40 minutes.
- Take the cake out and freeze it properly.
- Your Rhubarb-Almond cake is ready to serve.