Creamy Parmesan Carbonara Chicken is a perfect, burst in your mouth recipe, to have while binging on Netflix or reading your favorite book!
I’m sure you must have had chicken in a variety of ways but this recipe, cooked with a traditional carbonara sauce with all its flavor that you are going to experience every time you are gonna take a good bite of it! And all this, without the inclusion of eggs. All you have to do is include chicken pieces. Yes, the juicy bits lying in the pool of Creamy Parmesan Carbonara sauce! Have it with rice, broccoli or noodles to further enhance its taste!
For The Chicken
- 2 large boneless and skinless chicken breasts, halved horizontally to make 4 filets
- 2 heaping tablespoons flour (all purpose or plain)
- 3 tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Cracked pepper
For The Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter (or sub with oil)
- 8-ounces | 250 grams bacon, trimmed of fat and cut into strips (I use shortcut bacon in Australia)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 6 large cloves garlic, minced or finely chopped
- 1-1/2 cups half and half (or use reduced-fat cream or evaporated milk)*
- ½ cup finely grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- ½ teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 2 teaspoons of water
- Coat the chicken with pepper and salt, as per taste. Add flour and parmesan cheese and dress up the chicken pieces generously.
- Take a nonstick pan and add some oil and butter to it. Put it on medium-high heat until they melt and mix together. Put the chicken and roast it till it turns golden brown in color. 5-6 minutes of roasting, per side, will do the trick. Once done, put the pieces to a plate.
- Take some bacon strips and fry till they become crispy. Pour away the excess oil from the pan, leaving just a spoonful worth. Now, add chopped garlic and onion and fry them for about a minute or two. Reduce the heat and add cream. Stir for few moments and add pepper and salt to the taste. in the end, add parmesan cheese and mix till it melts. If the sauce gets too thin, you can add cornstarch/water mixture to make it thicker.
- Your yummy chicken is ready to serve!