Triple chocolate Mousse Cake is the perfect light dessert recipe. It’s made with a chocolate cake base, cool creamy mousse filling and topped with rich dark chocolate ganache.
Triple Chocolate Mousse Cake recipe highlights:
This recipe is inspired by Marcel Desaulniers from The Food Network.
The chocolate mousse filling adds a cool creamy texture which compliments the dense chocolate cake layer. It’s smooth, velvety, and extraordinarily decadent.
Loads of chocolate from top to bottom, cool, rich, and perfect for any special occasion.
Serves: 1 (8-Inch) Mousse Cake
Prep Time: 40 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Total Time: 1hr, 30
For The Cake:
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules
- 2 tablespoons dutch-processed cocoa
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
For The Mousse:
- 3/4 teaspoon gelatin powder
- 1 tablespoons water
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups cold heavy cream
For the ganache:
- 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 9 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped