Made with fresh spinach and strawberries, crunchy candied pecans, salty tangy feta, red onion and a delicious balsamic vinaigrette. A perfect summer salad!
You know how I love my spinach salads, especially when there’s an abundance of fresh summer strawberries involved! And especially when it is National Salad Month! And better yet, in this salad there’s also a rich balsamic vinaigrette, salty, tangy feta and crunchy, sweet candied pecans involved as well. In other words this is one of the best summer salads!
Serves: about 6 servings
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup broken or roughly chopped pecans
- 1 1/2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 10 oz baby spinach
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 5 oz . feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/3 small red onion, thinly sliced