Samoa Cake tastes like the beloved girl scout cookie in bundt cake form with a tender cake full of chocolate flavor covered in a caramel frosting and lots of toasted coconuts.
For those days when there are no samoa cookies to be had, it can be fun to flavor other desserts with that fabulous coconut, caramel, and chocolate flavor combination.
I used my favorite chocolate cake batter for this Samoa Bundt Cake. The texture is soft, tender, and velvety and it stays tasting fresh for days.
Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 55 mins
Total Time: 1 hr 15 mins
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 (16-ounce) package light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup hot water
- 3/4 cup butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1/4 cup jarred caramel sauce
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons heavy cream or milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Caramel Sauce
- Hot Fudge Sauce