These stuffed vegan cabbage rolls are made with tender leaves of steamed cabbage wrapped around a savory, smoky mixture of quinoa and lentils, baked up in tomato sauce until piping hot.
I realize now that you guys (an myself as well) are just as into delicious vegan versions of old favorites as totally original creations.
Since then I’ve had delicious success with vegan remakes of all kinds of traditional favorites, and you guys seem to love them.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- 1 head of green cabbage see note
For the Filling
- 3/4 cup brown lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
For the Sauce:
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste