Oats & Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are easy, flexible, and full of nutrients from peanut butter, flax seeds, and pumpkin.
Since we are still into pumpkin mode, I gave Oats and Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies a seasonal spin with pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice. You can easily swap out the nut butter, seeds, and sweetener of your choice to meet your lifestyle needs. Let’s begin!
Oats and Pumpkin Breakfast Cookies are intended to be breakfast-friendly so it’s soft, dense, and not very sweet. Feel free to increase the sweetness, drizzle melted chocolate (which I almost did), or add nuts for crunch.
Serves: 16 cookies
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats (use GF certified for GF diet)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not the pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/4 cup honey (use maple syrup for vegan or other sweeteners of your choice)
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon peanut butter (or use any other nut butter of your choice)
- 1/2 cup flax seeds (use other seeds of your choice)
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- pinch of salt