Chocolate cake layered with Peanut butter frosting and chopped peanut butter layered on chocolate cake! This cake is a must for all chocolate-peanut butter lovers.
Here’s the layers:
This is our go-to, from-scratch chocolate cake recipe. What makes this the best chocolate cake recipe, it calls for buttermilk. Why use buttermilk in a cake recipe? It not only adds some depth to the flavor, but it also breaks down the gluten in the cake batter, which makes it have a soft, moist crumb.
2.Peanut Butter Frosting
Melt in your mouth, to die for, peanut butter frosting.
3.Peanut Butter Snickers
If you’ve never had a peanut butter Snickers bar, drop everything and get yourself one.
The best chocolate buttercream.You could skip this step if you’d like, but even if you have no cake decorating skills, you can make these simple stars.
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 and 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (or canola oil, or melted coconut oil)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup freshly brewed strong hot coffee
Peanut Butter Frosting:
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 6-8 tbsp heavy cream
- 4 cups powdered sugar
Chocolate Buttercream Frosting:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon table salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 4 King Size Peanut Butter Snickers Bars, chopped