Everyone flipped for these soft and fluffy lemon cupcakes with blackberry cream cheese frosting. They’re light, fluffy, and exploding with flavor!
We have lemon cupcakes with blackberry cream cheese frosting on today’s menu. These cupcakes are all sorts of flavorful with a giant dose of naturally colored (yay!) and naturally flavored (yay again!) blackberry frosting.
This is the basic lemon cupcake recipe. They’re soft and fluffy with bright and sunny lemon flavor.
Serves: 12 Cupcakes
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Total Time: 3 Hours
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (120ml) milk1
- zest + fresh juice of two medium lemons2
Blackberry Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 cup fresh blackberries, divided3
- 8 ounces (224g) full-fat block cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3 cups (360g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt