Roasted potatoes smothered in olive oil, garlic, Italian seasonings and Parmesan cheese plus the always optional red pepper flakes for those of you who like a spicy kick.
They aren’t like most of my other roasted potato recipes where they get crispy and browned all over. This one’s different.
The potatoes are baked on top of each other in a casserole dish rather than spread out on a baking sheet. Some of the ends will brown up so you get a little crunch here and there but that’s not the goal.
- butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 pounds russet potatoes
- ¼ cup olive oil (preferably extra-virgin but it doesn’t have to be), divided
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed between fingertips
- 4 minced cloves garlic
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- red pepper flakes, optional
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish