You will love this Instant Pot beef stew dish: it’s an easy, basic, and incredibly comforting beef stew with onions, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms.
You will love the texture of this pressure cooked beef stew: meltingly tender chunks of beef with very soft carrots, potatoes, and onions. Plus, bites of juicy mushrooms. you can just add less beef stock to the pot. It’s always easy to thin it out later if it isn’t to your liking.
This recipe makes what I consider to be a very basic beef stew. You won’t find any weird or secret ingredients lurking about here, just your typical stew ingredients. It’s a simple recipe that hits home every time.
Serves: 5 servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 1 1/2 pounds chuck roast or beef stew meat cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 16 ounce bag frozen pearl onions
- 8 ounces carrots about 3, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 1 pound Russet potato about 1 large, peeled and chopped into 1 inch chunks
- 10 ounces mushrooms quartered
- 2 cups beef stock
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt