A super fluffy and moist vanilla mug cake which packs a protein punch and is low carb. It’s also ready in under a minute.
A classic vanilla cake is something which works as a delicious base on itself or can be jazzed up. We’re keeping things simple and basic here with this super fluffy, light and protein packed goodness. Even if your not on a low carb or higher protein diet, it doesn’t discriminate.
This simple vanilla mug cake is low carb, packed with protein and ready in under a minute! For such a light and fluffy cake, you’d be surprised that it doesn’t contain any flour, butter, oil, sugar or dairy! For those who don’t use or have access to a microwave, this can totally be made in the oven. To do that, you’ll prep it the exact same way as the microwave method.
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (32-34 grams)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 T coconut flour
- 1 T granulated sweetener of choice*
- 1 large egg OR 1/4 cup liquid egg whites (see notes for Vegan option)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice (I used unsweetened almond)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips to top (optional)