German Chocolate Pecan Pie Bars are a wonderfully delicious combination of chocolate crust, more chocolate, coconut, and pecans. A great crowd pleaser!
If you’ve never made pecan pie bars, imagine those gooey filling and toasty pecans of pie fame filling a simple crust and baked in a big pan instead of a pie plate. Add to that a little cocoa in the crust, some melty chocolate on top of the crust, and stir in some coconut with the pecans.
These are, without a doubt, the best pecan pie bars. If you are a fan of German chocolate cake, then you’ll love them, too. If you don’t like coconut, you can just leave that out and add more pecans or maybe some chocolate chips.
Yield: 24 2-Inch Bars
Prep Time: 25 Minutes
Cook Time: 59 Minutes
- 3 cups pecan halves
- 1 & 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 & 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut