This gluten-free crustless cheesecake is so addictive in taste. It is flavored with vanilla and delicious on its own, and even more if try it with your favorite topping!
It is difficult to describe this cheesecake in words. It’s fluffy, airy, luscious and so delicately soft. Delicious on its own, it’s flavored with vanilla and is just begging to be accented with your favorite topping. It tastes great with homemade versions of chocolate liqueur, strawberry liqueur, and limoncello. But it’d be excellent with non-alcoholic toppings like caramel sauce, raspberry coulis or strawberry preserves.
Here are some helpful tips for this cheesecake:
- To prevent lumps, let your cream cheese come to room temperature before starting. Beat each block one at a time, until it’s smooth and creamy. Add each ingredient one at a time, beating after each addition, just until combined. Then mix everything for seven minutes on a high speed that won’t splash. Your batter must be smooth before baking.
- To prevent cracks, bake your cheesecake in a water bath (bain marie) by filling a roasting pan 1/4 full with hot water and letting your springform pan with the batter rest in it. When done baking, leave the cheesecake in the oven with the door ajar for one hour.
- Test to see if your springform pan leaks before filling it by letting it sit in the water bath for 10 minutes. If water seeps into the pan, you can dry it, then place your springform in a pie dish. Then set the pie dish with the springform in the water bath and proceed.
- 5 (8-ounce) blocks cream cheese (at room temperature)
- 6 large eggs
- 1⅓ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-pint sour cream (low-fat is fine)