Craving a decadent treat for breakfast or brunch? Look no further than these double chocolate scones! Moist, cake-y, and so chocolate-y!
I love scones so much. They are so quick and easy to make. Just stir together some dry stuff, cut in cold butter, add some cream and egg, pat it flat on a baking sheet, score, and bake. I can whip up a batch in just a few minutes, and after 20 or 25 in the oven, there’s a warm, sweet breakfast treat right in my hot little hands.
For this double chocolate scone recipe, we are adding cocoa to the dry ingredients, and studding the pastries with plenty of semi-sweet chocolate chips. Treat yourself today, and don’t forget the coffee!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cold
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract