Creamy lemon parmesan shrimp is a gourmet meal! Only minutes to make and full of lemon parmesan flavors with a good kick of garlic and the option of no heavy cream!
A restaurant quality dinner made at home for 1/4 of the price and way less fat than a gourmet kitchen!
And then there’s shrimp and creamy sauce. They’re just meant to be — a match made in seafood heaven. Throw in garlic, parmesan and lemon and what restaurant? Where? We don’t need one. This recipe brings out the inner chefs in our world of home cooking.
- 1 pound | 500 grams jumbo-sized shrimp (or banana prawns)
- 1 tablespoon butter (or olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 cups milk (full fat or 2% — or sub with reduced fat cream, heavy cream or thickened cream)*
- 1/3 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch (cornflour) mixed with 1 tablespoon of milk
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice — juice of 1 lemon (adjust to your tastes)