Valentine’s Day is about to come and on that lovely occasion, is not it a great idea to prepare something special– like these CHOCOLATE covered peanut butter HEARTS?
Valentine’s Day is about to come and on that lovely occasion, is not it a very good idea to prepare something special. Some delicious edible things if you’ve planned make for your valentine this year. And by Valentine, it means anyone you love. Your kid, your barista, your sister, your husband, yourself – pick one… pick more than one! Whomsoever, these chocolate covered peanut butter hearts are a perfect treat.
You’re going to shape these chocolate covered peanut butter hearts entirely by hand. No cookie cutters here! That may sound like a lot of work, but this is a fun and easy and rewarding process.
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar (more if you can’t get the dough to be workable
- (1) 15 oz jar of unsweetened creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter, very soft
- 1 teaspoon all-natural vanilla extract
- 2 -3 tablespoons milk (I used almond milk, but I’m sure cow milk will work just fine)
- 3 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- Chocolate jimmies, optional