Caramel Apple Slices are a delicious twist on a fall classic that are easier to eat & enjoy at parties or just for fun.
These caramel apple slices are so delicious that you won’t believe it until you eat one.
So here are 5 suggestions to help ensure perfect Caramel Apple Slices:
- Cut thick apple slices so the stick stays secure. Approximately 1/2 – 3/4 inch thick works great.
- Make sure to pat down the apples to soak up any extra apple juice.
- Allow some of the Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers to drip onto the stick, this will act as a sort of edible glue that holds the stick & apple together.
- Drizzle slightly cooled melted caramel bits on your Caramel Apple Slices so that the chocolate doesn’t melt off.
- It is also recommended that you make them & eat them in the same day. The longer they sit the greater the chance for a weeping caramel apple slice, which will cause the yummy coating to break or slide off in some areas.
- White or Wooden Lollipop Sticks
- Melting Chocolate (*1)
- Toppings – optional