Rich and creamy chocolate ganache topped with a deep and dark pound cake. The mouthwatering cake recipe that is must do at least once!
A frosted chocolate pound cake is luscious in every bite as a layer cake, but so much easier to throw together, and somehow it feels a little less decadent, too. A stand mixer makes this a pleasure to bake. While it’s creaming the butter and sugar, you can spray and line the loaf pan, whisk together the dry ingredients, and mix the wet. All you have to do is to crack the eggs and then alternate between the dry and moist to make a nice batter.
The chocolate pound cake has a sweet, rich, satisfying chocolate flavor, and it slices like butter!
- 1/2 cup (i stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp espresso powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate)