You are going to love this soup. Its is healthy and finger licking delicious. The flavors are perfect, and it always tastes amazing!
Roma tomatoes works nice in this recipe but you can use your favorite variety. The redder and sweeter the better! Serve it hot with fresh garlic bread. Yum! It’s such a fresh recipe for summer! Those sweet tomato and basil flavors go together so perfectly!
Serves: 6 to 8
Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 40 mins
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 medium cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 8 roma tomatoes (or 6 regular tomatoes), chopped
- ¼ cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Secret Ingredient – A squirt or two of concentrated lemon juice