Omitting the eggs from these Coconut Macaroons makes them more dense and the perfect bakery style cookie!
So, what is the secret to the perfect, most compact, BEST macaroons? No Eggs At All.
Is it even possible to make a macaroon without eggs? Is it allowed? Or is it against macaroon law?
Whatever it is, it’s the best. Instead of binding these with eggs, they are held together with flour. Leaving out the egg and adding some flour makes a dense and more cookie-like macaroon.
Making coconut macaroons (not to be confused with almond-based macarOns) is one of the easiest things ever. One bowl, one spoon, and about 10 minutes from stirring to baking.Don’t forget the coconut! Obviously, you need lots of the good stuff for these cookies.
- 2/3 cup flour
- 5 1/2 cups shredded sweetened coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 4 ounces white or semi-sweet baking chocolate or a combination of both (or almond bark)