Here you get the perfect fall inspired coleslaw with it’s addition of apples, cranberries and almonds and it’s covered in a lighter Greek yogurt dressing.
This Apple Cranberry Almond Coleslaw has a mild flavor to it but if you’d like a more pronounced flavor you can definitely add in a tablespoon or two of dijon mustard to the dressing. And if you want to skip a step you can use a coleslaw mix in place of the shredded cabbage and carrots. I think it’s time for pulled pork or pulled chicken sandwiches this week for dinner don’t you – and then of course this coleslaw to go with it!
Serves: About 8 servings
- 3/4 cup fat free Greek Yogurt (I recommend using Fage, other brands may will be too thin)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small cabbage, shredded (6 – 7 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups matchstick carrots
- 2 large gala apples, sliced into matchsticks (about 3 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup slivered almonds